How to get to Dalmatia by train
Croatia is directly connected to Slovenia, Germany, Austria, Italy, Hungary, Slovakia, Switzerland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, France, Serbia and Montenegro and is indirectly connected with almost every other European country.
The railway network connects all major Croatian cities except Dubrovnik.
Regular lines from numerous European cities lead to Split via Zagreb.
Detailed information about travel lines:
- Croatian Railways
- Adress: Domagojeva obala 9
- 21000 Split
- Telephone: +385 (0)21 338 525
- Information and reservations: (0)60 333 444 (For Croatian networks only)
- Luggage lockers- open from 6 a.m. till 22 p.m.
- Croatian railways timetable
Among useful links (on the right) you can get all info and time-table for trains from European cities to Split, Zadar, Sibenik and Ploce.
Regarding information on how to reach Dalmatia by rail from various European cities, we also recommend German Railways web site (link on the left).
Eurocity, Intercity and Euronight trains:
- EC "Mimara": Zagreb - Villach - Frankfurt - Zagreb
- EC "Croatia": Zagreb - Vienna - Zagreb (via Slovenia)
- EN "Venezia": Venice - Zagreb - Budapest (Moscow, Kiev, Bucharest) - Venice
- IC "Zagreb": Zagreb - Vienna (via Hungary) - Zagreb
- IC "Sava": Belgrade - Zagreb - Villach - Munich - Belgrade
- IC "Kvarner": Zagreb - Budapest - Zagreb
- IC "Drava": Budapest - Osijek - Sarajevo - Budapest
Trains during the tourist season:
- "Lisinski": Zagreb - Munich - Zagreb (night train)
- "Maestral": Zagreb - Budapest - Zagreb (Moscow, Kiev, St. Petersburg)
- Zagreb - Villach - Zagreb
- Belgrade - Zagreb - Zurich - Belgrade
- "Nikola Tesla": Zagreb - Belgrade - Zagreb
- Vinkovci - Belgrade - Vinkovci
- Vinkovci - Banja Luka - Vinkovci
- Zagreb - Sarajevo - Ploce - Zagreb
- Zagreb - Sarajevo - Zagreb (night train)
- Ploce - Sarajevo - Ploce
- Villach - Zagreb - Belgrade - Villach (night train)
- "Opatija": Rijeka - Ljubljana - Rijeka (Munich, Vienna)
- "Ljubljana": Rijeka - Ljubljana (Vienna) - Rijeka
- Ljubljana - Pula - Ljubljana
- Prag - Bratislava - Zagreb - Split - Prag (night train)
- Belgrade - Rijeka - Belgrade (June - September, at weekends, night train)
- Belgrade - Knin - Split - Belgrade (June - September, at weekends, night train)
- Prague - Split - Prague
Tel: +385 (0)1 4573 208
E-mail (special trains): email@example.com
* you can translate croatian web sites with google translate: http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#hr|en|
Type in website address, click Translate button and you'll get link to the website translated to english.